May 7, 2022
May 8, 2022
Join us as you learn basic camping skills, enjoy fun outdoor experiences and spend the night on our grounds in a tent! This program is perfect for first-time campers or anyone looking for a refresher.
We provide all the camping gear you’ll need, along with modern restrooms and overnight security.
- Setting up your campsite, with the assistance of Conner Prairie staff (Conner Prairie will provide a tent with two queen air mattresses. Families will need to bring their own bedding)
- A guided hike through the North Woods
- Fishing on the Conner Family pond
- How to plan your own family campout
- How to use a propane camping stove
- How to wash dishes while camping
- How to build a campfire
- How to break camp and store gear
- Preparing dinner and breakfast with assistance from staff (Conner Prairie will provide a cook kit and propane stove, families will provide groceries)
- S’mores around the campfire
$140 – $150
Per family (up to 6 people)