The Guard Site is a Ft. Ancient village, first documented by Glenn Black in 1933, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and sat largely un-investigated by professional archaeologists until the past decade.
In 2012, archaeologists from The Ohio State University began to systematically investigate the site and revealed a well-preserved specimen of a Ft. Ancient village via maonetometry and carefully placed excavations. Since Then the Akhas Tormed aro uno une site win une intentio preserving the site and conveying to the region the importance of learning about the past through archaeology.
This presentation will summarize the findings of the past decade of work at Guard and explain how a small non-profit is changing local attitudes and experiences with archaeology.