Christmas at the Zoo
December 4 @ 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
Dating back to 1967, the Indianapolis Zoo was the first zoo in the nation to hold a holiday lights event. Year after year, Christmas at the Zoo continues to grow. For our 53rd year, we’re adding beautiful new décor to enhance your holiday experience. And the best part is it’s all included with regular admission!
Under the Bicentennial Pavilion, you’ll discover Santa’s Village featuring:
- Extra Opportunities to Visit Santa: Meet the Kris Kringle in Santa’s Study presented by PNC from 5pm until close. Or escape to the tropics to see Vacation Santa from 3-9 pm at Flights of Fancy. With the help of his flamingo flock and some holiday magic, the Jolly Old Elf can be in two places at once to greet even more children this year. Visits with Santa continue through Dec. 23.
- Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen: Free visits with Mrs. Claus through Dec. 23.
- Santa’s Barn: Presented by Weber Group. See Santa’s sleigh and a few of his reindeer through Dec. 23.
- Polar Pathway: Have your camera ready to remember the moment you step inside the glittering tunnel and are surrounded in glowing lights! Look for the one-way entry through the tunnel this year.
- Penguin Encounter: Get up close to these winter-ready birds from 6-8pm (animal and weather dependent).
- Tinsel Tavern: Enjoy holiday-themed cocktails featuring Hotel Tango spirits.