A favorite Indy summer tradition, The National Bank of Indianapolis Summer Nights Film Series returns this year to Newfields on Fridays and select Saturdays this June, July, and August. Bring your family and friends to watch movies under the stars. All you need is a chair or a blanket, and a pillow or two; snacks and drinks will be available for purchase. Come early to play a round of trivia, learn a new dance, savor your own picnic (with non-alcoholic beverages only), snap a selfie in a photobooth, or enjoy the sunset. For those who like to be prepared, sunscreen and bug spray are always a good idea.
Doors open at 7 PM, and the evening will kick off with music and activities before the screening. The movie will begin as twilight turns to night, over the summer 17 nights of film will be shown—everything from black-and-white classics to modern blockbusters.
Individual tickets are $9 for members and $12 for public
- Friday, June 2 | The Big Sleep (1946, dir. Howard Hawks, 114 mins., NR)
- Friday, June 9 | But I’m a Cheerleader (1999, dir. Jamie Babbit, 85 mins., R)
- Friday, June 16 | Predator (1987, dir. John McTiernan, 107 mins., R)
- Friday, June 23 | Finding Nemo (2003, dir. Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich, 100 mins., G)
- Friday, June 30 | Crazy Rich Asians (2018, dir. Jon M. Chu, 120 mins., PG-13)
- Friday, July 7 | Audience Vote presented with Indiana Black Expo, Inc.
- Friday, July 14 | Rear Window (1954, dir. Alfred Hitchcock, 112 mins., PG)
- Saturday, July 15 | Desperado (1995, dir. Robert Rodriguez, 104 mins., R)
- Friday, July 21 | Indy Shorts International Film Festival (Oscar® Shorts)
- Saturday, July 22 | Indy Shorts International Film Festival (Award Winners)
- Friday, July 28 | Fist of Fury (1972, dir. Wei Lo, 107 mins., R)*
- Friday, August 4 | The Mummy (1999, dir. Stephen Sommers, 124 mins., PG-13)
- Saturday, August 5 | Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995, dir. Aditya Chopra, 181 mins., NR)*
- Friday, August 11 | To Kill a Mockingbird (1962, dir. Robert Mulligan, 129 mins., NR)
- Friday, August 18 | Evil Dead II (1987, dir. Sam Raimi, 84 mins., R) presented with Indy Film Fest in The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park
- Saturday, August 19 | Set It Off (1996, dir. F. Gary Gray, 123 mins., R) in The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park
- Friday, August 25 | Super-Secret Film
$9 – $12